By Randy Hodson
Operating with dignity is a primary a part of reaching a lifestyles well-lived, but the office usually poses not easy hindrances due to mismanagement or managerial abuse. protecting dignity and figuring out self-respect via paintings are key to staff' healthiness. during this e-book Randy Hodson, a sociologist of labor and organizational habit, applies ethnographic and statistical methods to this subject, providing either a richly unique, within examine genuine examples of dignity in motion, and a broader research of the pivotal position of dignity at paintings.
Read or Download Dignity at Work PDF
Best motivational books
Are you prepared to find your WHAT—that is, the 1 extraordinary factor you have been born to do? do you want to powerfully influence either those that proportion this lifetime with you and people of lifetimes to return?
In What Is Your WHAT? writer Steve Olsher finds his confirmed process that has helped millions solution certain to those life-changing questions and domesticate a lifetime of goal, conviction, and contribution via picking out and making a course of action for bringing the 1 factor they have been born to do to fruition. it's a well timed, step by step advisor that may consultant you in the direction of making either a fortune and a distinction sharing your particular present with the realm.
• gains inspiring tales of trial, tribulation, and triumph, in addition to examples of 17 public figures, similar to man Kawasaki, Chris Brogan, and Jack Canfield who've made the serious shift from pursuing commodity-driven possibilities to honoring their singular blueprint
• writer Steve Olsher is a 25+ yr entrepreneur, creator/founder of The Reinvention Workshop, and award-winning writer of web Prophets: The World’s top specialists demonstrate how you can revenue Online
Steve’s singular method of knowing everlasting, optimistic swap blends proprietary equipment with historical knowledge and innovative classes from sleek notion leaders. Leverage this confirmed method to find your WHAT and discover final fulfillment in company and lifestyles.
Addresses the query of even if particular choice for neighbors is morally justified.
In Victory! , bestselling writer Brian Tracy applies to enterprise and private good fortune an analogous suggestions that experience helped nice leaders triumph in army campaigns all through historical past. utilizing army examples all through, he presents bold, success-oriented readers with a pragmatic template for attaining their very own power for greatness.
An inspirational account of 1 dad's amazing trip via melanoma, fatherhood, and a number of other forgotten lifestyles lessons--and the invention of 1 life-changing present Jim Higley was once a forty-year-old bobblehead. similar to these figurines with outsized, bouncy heads, he'd wear a smiling face and bobble via his irritating, overflowing days.
- egonomics: What Makes Ego Our Greatest Asset (or Most Expensive Liability)
- The Last Kiss: A True Story of Love, Joy and Loss
- The One-Life Solution: Reclaim Your Personal Life While Achieving Greater Professional Success
- Law of Attraction - How to Attract Money, Love, and Happiness (Guide for Living)
- First-Time Leader: Foundational Tools for Inspiring and Enabling Your New Team
- Health Quest: Fantasize Yourself To A Hard Body!
Additional info for Dignity at Work
1. Dignity at Work Safeguarding Dignity Denials of Dignity Resistance to attacks Organizational citizenship Independent meaning systems Group relations Mismanagement and abuse Overwork Constraints on autonomy Contradictions of employee involvement 18 Dignity and Its Challenges purposive activities oriented toward helping production successfully take place that are above and beyond organizational requirements have been labeled citizenship behaviors by organizational researchers (Schnake 1991). The actions of the branch managers and their staffs at American Security Bank in pursuit of organizational effectiveness, even in the face of a history of corporate mismanagement, provide an excellent example of organizational citizenship.
Employees who had received raises in the most recent round were often passed over in spite of high current ranking. Productive employees were thus ranked down but not enough to discourage them. By manipulating the ranking rules, managers created a more equitable distribution of raises and promotions. Equally importantly, the same employees were not allowed to consistently fall in the bottom 15 percent of the curve, which would result in them being targeted to be managed out. The managers were thus able to motivate their employees and avoid “shortsighted disciplinary action that would, in their eyes, have irreparable long-term costs and consequences” (Smith 1990:131).
The houses are occupied from cellar to garret, filthy within and without, and their appearance is such that no human being could possibly wish to live in them. But this is nothing in comparison with the dwellings in the narrow courts and alleys between the streets, entered by covered passages between the houses, in which the filth and tottering ruin surpass all description. . Heaps of garbage and ashes lie in all directions, and the foul liquids emptied before the doors gather in stinking pools.
Dignity at Work by Randy Hodson