By Barry R. Schneider, Lawrence E. Grinter,
Read Online or Download Battlefield of the Future (21st Century Warfare Issues, Air War College Studies in National Security No. 3) PDF
Best nuclear books
This ebook offers a simple yet accomplished details with regards to guns of Mass Destruction. The booklet lists and discusses quite a few organic, chemical and radiological brokers and guns. for every agent and/or linked weapon, the publication describes what they're, and importantly, measures that citizen's can take to reduce the hazards attributable to publicity to them.
This e-book makes a speciality of center layout and techniques for layout and research. it's in response to advances made in nuclear energy usage and computational tools during the last forty years, overlaying middle layout of boiling water reactors and pressurized water reactors, in addition to speedy reactors and high-temperature gas-cooled reactors.
With the dissolution of the Soviet Union the nuclear threats dealing with the realm are continuously evolving and feature grown extra complicated because the finish of the chilly battle. The diversion of whole weapon platforms or nuclear fabric to rogue countries and terrorist firms has elevated. The occasions of the earlier years have proved the need to reevaluate those threats on a degree by no means prior to thought of.
Rules of Nuclear Rocket Propulsion presents an knowing of the actual rules underlying the layout and operation of nuclear fission-based rocket engines. whereas there are many texts on hand describing rocket engine conception and nuclear reactor concept, this is often the 1st publication to be had describing the mixing of the 2 topic parts.
- Nuclear Fission Reactors: Potential Role and Risks of Converters and Breeders
- The Necessity for Nuclear Power
- Advances in Nuclear Physics: Volume 1
- Nuclear Power and the Energy Crisis: Politics and the Atomic Industry
- Energy Studies
- Nuclear Winter: The Human and Environmental Consequences of Nuclear War
Additional info for Battlefield of the Future (21st Century Warfare Issues, Air War College Studies in National Security No. 3)
He notes that In the Gulf War, the coalition deprived Iraq of most of its ability to gather and use information . At the same time, the coalition managed its own information requirements acceptably, even though it was organized in the same way Frederick the Great had organized himself. Clear for the future is the requirement to redesign our organizations so they are built to exploit modern information-handling equipment . This also means flattening 36 PRINCIPLES OF WAR organizations, eliminating most middle management, pushing decision making to very low levels, and forming worldwide neural networks to capitalize on the ability of units in and out of the direct conflict area.
Army in the Gulf War (Fort Leavenworth, Kansas : US Army Command and General Staff College Press, 1994), 378 . 45. , 376 . 46. Warden, 328 . 47. "Force XXI Operations," 3-21 . 48. Warden, 329-30 . 49. Ibid. 50. Mann, 38. 51 . John I. Alger, The Quest for Victory : The History of the Principles of War (Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1982) . Alger drew on the military writings of thinkers such as Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, Jomini, Mahan, Rocquancourt, Steele, MacDougall, Liddell Hart, Mao Tse-tung, Montgomery, as well as the British army, French army, German army, and US Army and Air Force in compiling his list of principles of war.
30. John A. Warden III, "Air Power for the Twenty-First Century," in Karl P. Magyar, Editor in Chief, Challenge and Response: Anticipating US Military Security Concerns (Maxwell AFB, Alabama : Air University Press, August 1994) 328-29 . 31 . See Chester Wilmot, "David and Goliath," chapter 2, The Struggle for Europe (New York: Harper Colophon Books, 1952,) 33-55 . Not realizing the potency and importance of British radar stations, the German high command mistakenly abandoned their early bombardment of them in the Battle of Britain because they believed that the British would be able to repair them and put them back into operation very quickly .
Battlefield of the Future (21st Century Warfare Issues, Air War College Studies in National Security No. 3) by Barry R. Schneider, Lawrence E. Grinter,