By Mike Wolfson
Android improvement should be hard, yet throughout the powerful use of Android Developer instruments (ADT), you can also make the method more uncomplicated and enhance the standard of your code. This concise advisor demonstrates tips on how to construct apps with ADT for a tool kin that includes numerous reveal sizes, assorted functions, and a various variety of resources.
With examples in home windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, you’ll how to organize an Android improvement atmosphere and use ADT with the Eclipse IDE. additionally, contributor Donn Felker introduces Android Studio, a Google IDE that might ultimately exchange Eclipse.
• how you can use Eclipse and ADT jointly to increase Android code
• Create emulators of varied sizes and configurations to check your code
• grasp Eclipse instruments, or discover the hot Android Studio
• Use Logcat, Lint, and different ADT instruments to check and debug your code
• Simulate real-world occasions, together with position, sensors, and telephony
• Create dynamic and effective UIs, utilizing Graphical structure instruments
• video display and optimize you software functionality utilizing DDMS, HierarchyViewer, and the Android display screen device
• Use Wizards and shortcuts to generate code and photo resources
• collect and package deal Android code with Ant and Gradle
Read Online or Download Android Developer Tools Essentials: Android Studio to Zipalign PDF
Similar programming books
The largely revised and up to date variation offers a logical and easy-to-follow development via C++ programming for 2 of the preferred applied sciences for synthetic intelligence--neural and fuzzy programming. The authors disguise conception in addition to sensible examples, giving programmers a superb beginning in addition to operating examples with reusable code.
Starting STL is a modern remedy that teaches you the most recent C++ 14 APIs, libraries and extensions and the way to use those for your C++ 14 purposes. during this publication, writer Ivor Horton explains what the STL is and the way to exploit it together with your C++ functions. You'll methods to use packing containers and iterators, in addition to how to find, create and observe algorithms.
Readers research top practices for object-oriented programming, dossier operations, resolution distribution, and extra - with code samples and suggestion on making use of criteria to their very own tasks.
- The Book of CSS3: A Developer's Guide to the Future of Web Design
- Intelligent Manufacturing:: Programming Environments for CIM
- Farbe im Digitalen Publizieren: Konzepte der digitalen Farbwiedergabe für Office, Design und Software
- Database Programming Languages: 12th International Symposium, DBPL 2009, Lyon, France, August 23-24, 2009. Proceedings
Extra info for Android Developer Tools Essentials: Android Studio to Zipalign
It has very specific hardware requirements: your processor must support VT-x, EM64T, and the Execute Disable Bit. Advanced Emulator Configuration | 33 Downloading the components In order to use HAXM, you need to install some software on your host computer. The easiest way to do this is using the SDK Manager (see “SDK Manager” on page 11). Download and install the following components: • Android SDK Platform that supports HAXM (the only supported API levels are 10 and anything over 15) • Intel Atom x86 System Image (consistent with the platform version) • Intel Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager Driver (from the Extras section) As an example, if you want to create a HAXM enable emulator compliant with API 16, you need to ensure your selections look like those in Figure 3-4.
This chapter describes how to use the emulator to effectively test various parameters. For the most part, emulators and physical devices interact with the ADT tools in the exact same way. In other words, the operations we discuss in this chapter perform the same way on an emulator as they will on a physical device. In most cases, a physical device is more limited, because options (such as changing network configurations) are locked down by the service provider. You will likely use many different combinations of physical devices and emulators to test thoroughly.
In order to use this functionality on Linux, you also need to install the KVM software package. Instructions for this vary based on the particular version of the OS being used. The official documentation, HAXM Linux Install Guide, describes the additional steps required for running on Linux. Configuring an AVD Once you have downloaded and installed the correct components, follow the usual procedure to creating an AVD. You will see additional options for using the Intel-based system for your emulator.
Android Developer Tools Essentials: Android Studio to Zipalign by Mike Wolfson