By Onur Cinar
Eclipse is the main followed built-in improvement setting (IDE) for Java programmers. And, now, Eclipse appears to be like the popular IDE for Android apps builders.
Android Apps with Eclipse offers an in depth evaluate of Eclipse, together with steps and the screenshots to assist Android builders to speedy wake up to hurry on Eclipse and to streamline their day by day software program development. This booklet comprises the following:
* evaluate of Eclipse basics for either Java and C/C++ improvement.
* utilizing Eclipse Android improvement Toolkit (ADT) to enhance, debug, and troubleshoot Android purposes.
* utilizing Eclipse C/C++ improvement Toolkit (CDT) at the side of Android local improvement package (NDK) to combine, increase and troubleshoot local Android parts via Eclipse.
What you’ll learn
* find out how to use the preferred Java IDE for Android apps improvement
* find out how to set up and configure Eclipse for Android improvement
* easy methods to construct an Android media participant app utilizing the Eclipse IDE
* tips on how to leverage Eclipse with the Android local improvement package for C/C++ wishes
* tips on how to leverage Eclipse for scripting utilizing Android's SL4A (Scripting Layer for Android)
* the best way to do non-stop integration in Eclipse, together with resource code controls, scripting builds with Ant and extra
Who this publication is for
This e-book is for either newbie and intermediate builders who want to fast arise to hurry on Android improvement utilizing the Eclipse IDE.
Table of Contents
• what's Android?
• program Architecture
• what's Eclipse?
• getting to know Eclipse
• Android improvement instruments for Eclipse
• venture: motion picture Player
• Android local improvement utilizing Eclipse
• undertaking: including AVI aid to motion picture Player
• Android Scripting utilizing Eclipse
• undertaking: Scripting motion picture participant utilizing Lua
• Appendix A: Testing
Read or Download Android Apps with Eclipse PDF
Best programming books
The broadly revised and up-to-date version presents a logical and easy-to-follow development via C++ programming for 2 of the preferred applied sciences for synthetic intelligence--neural and fuzzy programming. The authors hide conception in addition to useful examples, giving programmers a high-quality starting place in addition to operating examples with reusable code.
Starting STL is a latest remedy that teaches you the most recent C++ 14 APIs, libraries and extensions and the way to use those on your C++ 14 functions. during this booklet, writer Ivor Horton explains what the STL is and the way to exploit it along with your C++ purposes. You'll how one can use boxes and iterators, in addition to how to find, create and practice algorithms.
Readers examine top practices for object-oriented programming, dossier operations, resolution distribution, and extra - with code samples and suggestion on making use of criteria to their very own tasks.
- Mathematical Programming The State of the Art: Bonn 1982
- Intermediate Perl (2nd Edition)
- A 25-Year Perspective on Logic Programming: Achievements of the Italian Association for Logic Programming, GULP
- Productive Prolog programming
Extra info for Android Apps with Eclipse
SF file. xml: This is the application’s manifest file. It is one of the most important components of Android applications, and we will briefly explore it in the next section. dex: This is the application class files in DEX format. assets: This is special in that its contents are not compressed while the APK file is generated. This allows the Android platform to provide a file descriptor directly to the APK file during runtime, so the application can easily access the resources without extracting them to the device.
Eclipse files after installation Installing Eclipse on Mac OS X The Eclipse installation package for Mac OS X comes as a GZIP compressed TAR file. When the download completes, Eclipse will show up in your Downloads directory. Depending on the version of the operating system, you may need to double-click to extract the archive file, if it is not already extracted. You can drag-and-drop Eclipse into your Applications directory from the Downloads directory, as shown in Figure 3-16. 59 60 CHAPTER 3: Eclipse Primer Figure 3-16.
This allows the Android platform to provide a file descriptor directly to the APK file during runtime, so the application can easily access the resources without extracting them to the device. Android developers are expected to keep large resource files in the assets directory in order to minimize the application’s footprint on the installed device. CHAPTER 2: Application Architecture res: This directory contains the application resources. arsc: This contains the view definitions and the string resources.
Android Apps with Eclipse by Onur Cinar